4 Benefits You May Not Know About Engagement Photos
Engagement photos are something a lot of couple consider but few actually do. Here are a few things to consider when deciding on engagement photos.
1. This is a great time for you and your photographer to get to know each other. This is a bigger deal than most people realize. Your wedding day is always a crazy day and your photographer will be spending just about every minute with you. Most people would prefer that person to be someone you’re comfortable with. Doing an engagement session with your wedding photographer will build a relationship and trust. When your trust someone, you feel comfortable with them, and when you’re comfortable in front of a camera, you get great photos.
2. You’re not engaged forever (thank God!), but this is a special time in your relationship that you’ll want to remember as you grow old together. My wife and I just celebrated two years of marriage and we often talk about when we were engaged. We wish we had more photos from that time in our lives.
3. There are many uses for professionally done engagement photos. Here are just a few:
- “Save the Date” cards
- Wedding invitations
- Ceremony programs
- Wedding favors
- Reception decorations
- Large print displays at reception
4. Ladies, this is a great time for a trial run with your makeup. You’ll most likely be doing this anyway, why not see how it will look in photos? Plus, it’s a good excuse to have your makeup professionally done for a photo shoot. :)
5. If you book with Nick Dantonio Photography, I’ll spend the first few minutes training you and your fiancé. I’ll go over some foundational poses and how you can apply them throughout the engagement shoot and most importantly, on the wedding day. We’ll use this as a base to start from and then get you to interact a bit to add some “natural-ness” to the pose. Let’s face it, most of us don’t have a modeling background and could use a few pointers.😉 Especially the guys–we never know what to do with our hands!
I’m a professional wedding photographer in the Western New York area and would love to shoot your engagement and wedding photos! Contact me to book your session today.